Wouldn't you love to have one of these on your site? Well, you can if you follow these simple instructions. You will need a ZIP program to unzip the applet file. If you don't already have one you can download WinZip . Before we get started with the tutorial I'd like to thank Donna at Alphabet Soup for all her help in getting my applet up and running. Without her this tutorial wouldn't be possible. I'd also like to thank David Griffiths at The Lake Applet for the file. Now, let's get on with the instructions.
1. Go to David Griffiths site and save the applet file in the directory you create your webpages in.
2. Go to Explore in Win95 and open the file. Your zip program should come up.
3. Unzip the file you saved. When it's finished a window will come up with the files you unzipped in it.
4. Highlight the Lake.class file but don't open it.
5. Click on edit/copy.
6. Go to the directory that you originally saved the file in and paste the Lake.class file in that directory.
7. Make sure to upload the Lake.class file to your ISP when you upload the rest of the files.
8. Copy and use this code on your page but remember to put your own image in and don't forget to change the size in the width and height. You'll need to make the height a little less than twice what the original image is.
That's all there is to it. You can look at your beautiful creation in your browser before uploading to make sure everything is working okay. If you have any problems feel free to send me an e-mail and I'll try to help you out.
New Image Tutorial ~ Seamless Background Tutorial ~ Lake Applet Tutorial