This is a short tutorial instructing you on how to make the titles for your web pages using Paint Shop Pro . PSP is what I used to make the title for this page.
Please keep in mind that these tutorials were made for PSP version 4.12!
1. On the menu bar click on "new" and make the size of the box 500 x 100. The size can be adjusted up or down to suit your needs.
2. Click on the eye dropper and go to the color palette and choose the color you want your text to be. If you want to use a color that will go with your background just open the background file in PSP and pick a color from there with the eye dropper. If your background has a solid color like is on this page it's always smart to use the eyedropper and fill your title background with the color from the text portion of your main background.
3. Using the mouse pointer click on the letter "A" on the menu bar. This will bring up the text menu.
4. Click the font you want to use, the style (I usually use bold) and the size you want the font to be (for titles I usually use 48).
5. Text effect should be set on "antialias", alignment "center" and the floating box should have a check mark in it.
6. Type in the text and click OK.
7. Using your mouse and holding the left button down, position the text where you want it. The extra blank space can be removed later with just a little cropping.
8. While the little jaggies are swirling around your text go the the menu bar and click on image, special effects and cutout. A box will come up. Attributes should not be checked. For this experiment the interior color should be set at "foreground color", shadow color "black", opacity "255", blur "0", vertical offset "2" and horizontal offset "-2". Click OK.
9. While the little jaggies are still swirling go back to the menu bar and click on image, special effects, and add drop shadow. Another box will come up. Color should be set at "black", opacity "255", blur "36", vertical "7" and horizontal "-7". Click OK.
10. Now place your mouse pointer on the image and right click. This stops the jaggies and you have your title.
11. Now click on the selection tool which is right next to the rope. Line the cross hairs up so that you include the whole image but will be able to cut out some of the excess blank space. Make sure the selection type is set at rectangle and feather is set at "0". Try not to cut out any of the drop shadow or the text. This step with reduce the size of your image and make loading much faster. Once you have it lined up click on "image" and then "crop".
12. You now have your new title. Go to file, save as and another menu comes up. File name is your choice, file type should be "GIF-CompuServe" and sub type should be "Version 89a-Noninterlaced".
This will create your basic titles. You can play around with the settings and come up with different effects. If I left something out please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail. I'll be glad to help if I can.
Special Pages ~ Break the Silence ~ Memberships ~ Web Rings ~ PSP Tutorial
Sign Guestbook ~ View Guestbook ~ E-Mail