You've been out there in cyberspace looking for just the right image. When you finally find it and you know, without a doubt, that you're not violating any copyright laws you do the right click thingy and "save as". Now you go to PSP to personalize your new found image and "drats" you realize that you can't use the special effects function on your new treasure. "Oh no!" you say. "What do I do now?" Well, I have the answer for you. Just follow these simple instructions and your troubles are over.
Please keep in mind that these tutorials were made for PSP version 4.12!
New Image1. In PSP open your new file.
2. Place your mouse pointer on the image and look in the lower right corner to see what the width and height are.
3. Open a new file and make sure you use the exact same width and height as your original image and 16 million colors.
4. Now you have your original image and a blank image on your screen.
5. Click on the original image so that it's now the working copy.
6. Go to "edit" and click on "copy".
7. Now click on the blank image to make it the working copy.
8. Go to "edit" and click on "paste as new selection". This puts the copied image on the blank file with the marching ants going around it.
Now you can use all the special effects. When you're finished right click on your mouse to de-select the image. Don't forget to do a file save. Wasn't that easy?
Special Pages ~ Break the Silence ~ Memberships ~ Web Rings ~ PSP Tutorial
Sign Guestbook ~ View Guestbook ~ E-Mail